Re: [oletrucks] Is this truck in reasonable condition?

To: auserm@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Is this truck in reasonable condition?
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:01:46 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/99 2:16:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
auserm@hotmail.com writes:

<< Before I start putting money into my 1952 Chevy 1/2 ton, I would like to
get
 the opinions of those who are no strangers to body work.  I've created a
 little web site that shows the areas of concern on the truck.  Please have a
 look and let me know what you think -

     http://www.microsolution.sk.ca/52Chevy/

 Thanks,

 Mike Auser
 '48 Chevy 1/2 ton
 '52 Chevy 1/2 to >>

  There's definitely some work to be done, if it were me in my area (No.
California) then I'd pass on the truck because I'm sure I could find one in
better shape, but depending on the availability of the trucks in your area,
it may be the par for there.

  The stress cracks are not too bad to deal with, drill a hole at the end of
them, then weld the crack up to the hole, even a 110v mig will penetrate
completely through both sides of the metal, the hole in the end s to stop the
crack from moving  or spreading to another direction after welded.

  Also, from what I've seen, the deeper you go, the more  rust you'll
probably find, so the project becaomes bigger than anticipated.  I have one
of those in my garage right now:)

  Anyway, my gut feeling is unless you have sentimental value for the truck,
or the shape of the truck is about what you'd normally find, I'd consider not
getting too involved in a full restoration.

  Good luck.

  Mike