RE: [oletrucks] Where Can Good Drill Bits Be Found?

To: "Oletrucks-email list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Where Can Good Drill Bits Be Found?
From: "Andrew Thor" <andrewthor@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:24:44 -0500
The best drill bits I bought was from Snap-On tools.  They were very
expensive but I was told that the trick is to drill slow and let the bit do
the work.  Spay penetrating oil on the bit and spray it on e very so often
as long as it takes to complete the hole if drilling in metal.  Keeping the
end of the bit cool allows the bit to work without overheating.  Overheating
is what causes the bits to dull, keep them cool to stay sharp.  I think the
type of Snap-on bits I bought was called cobalt.  I could only afford the
ones I need to install the new V8 and auto transmission cross members in my
frame.  I drilled 16 holes through the sides of my frame to mount the cross
members and it took about 20 minutes a hole but the drill bits are as sharp
as they were when new.

Andy 56-3200