Re: [oletrucks] front license plate in CO

To: lloydt@Colorado.EDU, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] front license plate in CO
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 16:12:51 EDT
In a message dated 09/26/1999 10:41:22 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
lloydt@Colorado.EDU writes:

<< I was wondering if any of you Colorado ole truckers know the license plate
 regulations for older vehicles.  I currently only have the rear license
 plate installed on my truck, as there is no place to mount a front plate.

What year is your truck? My 48 had a front license plate bracket mounted to
the front pan, and I replaced it with a chrome one on the new fiberglass pan
I installed. As far as regulations, I can't imagine why you'd be exempt from
displaying a front plate. I can imagine you'd get by for a good, long, time
if you choose not to display a front plate, as I see several vehicles every
day with either front or rear plates missing, not mounted (displayed behind
the windshield or back window), obscured, or expired (especially "temporary"
permits). Regardless, I display plates front and rear on all my vehicles.