RE: [oletrucks] nova rear??

To: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] nova rear??
From: jelerath@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:01:59 -0600

On my differential there are no mounting brackets welded to the housing.  That
is, the spring "perch" is actually part of the "U"-bolt/shackel/plate assembly
that bolts to the axle housing.  The springs and the shocks mount to this plate.
It can attach anywhere along the length of the axle housing as long as the
diameter of the housing is smaller than the inside diameter of the "U"-bolt. So,
if the truck frame is narrower than the donor frame, the "U"-bolts just attach a
bit closer to the drive shaft.

Am I missing something?

Jon Elerath
jelerath@us.ibm.com