Re: [oletrucks] Regulator contacts

To: sculver@iwl.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Regulator contacts
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:56:20 EDT
In a message dated 9/29/99 4:41:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time, sculver@iwl.net
writes:

<< I'm still blowing fuses on the wire from the armature side of the voltage
 regulator to the generator.  Everything on the regulator looks new and
 shiny, and the contacts don't appear to be stuck.  Because they are
 obviously adjustable, can I possibly have the wrong gap?  And can anyone
 tell me what the correct gap setting would be for the regulator contacts on
 a '59 model 235?  Also, anything else that might be blowing these danged 30
 amp fuses!

 Thanks- >>

  You know, last year I purchased a rebuilt generator for my truck, they came
in 34 or 39/40/41 (something like that) amp ratings.  You may not have enough
fuse to run it.

Mike