Re: [oletrucks] Regulator contacts

To: Passnb4U@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Regulator contacts
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 07:55:59 -0400
    Talked with an old mechanic last night, the one that gave me my Delco fuse.
These attach right to the regulator terminal and the other end is a terminal you
attach the wire to. They come in 30 and 35 amp ratings so it is possible that 30
is not enough in full charge condition if you have a 35 amp regulator and
generator.
   He said that the condition that usually blow these is the bat terminal
contacts sticking after the truck is shut off. The bat feeds the generator and
tries to turn it into a motor. If this happens without a fuse it could burn up
the wiring. He said even momentary sticking can blow the fuse and that a new
regulator might cure the problem.

Grant 50 3100