Re: [oletrucks] where does the speaker go in a 59 suburban?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] where does the speaker go in a 59 suburban?
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 20:52:15 EDT
Stan,

The original speaker location for the Subs is in the front above the
windshield just like the pickups.  I believe the impedance was something
peculiar in those days. . .(10 ohms?)  Surely someone else on the list should
know.  My Sub has the panels in the back where someone stuck speakers in as
well, but that wasn't what they were for I'm sure.

$150 for a working original radio should be an excellent deal.  I looked for
quite a while for two radios--one for stock and one to modify for AM/FM/CD
remote.  I finally found two good candidates but each cost me about $100 each
with no guarantee of working and requiring restoration.  Like I said, your's
is a deal.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville, TN

<<I have been driving a 59 suburban, and happened across a guy who sold me a
stock radio from his 59 suburban(that he sold earlier) . He said that he paid
seventy five bucks for it , and he had a guy recondition it for sixty five
bucks, and that he wanted $150.  Oh the restraint ... trying to reach real
slow for may wallet and not let my excitement show. But alas  I only had
$120.  I told him I 'd come back for it and he suggested Sunday.
  So now where do I put the speaker.?
  There are two 6x9 holes cut in the walls of the back seat area. If I use
one, or both what impedance do I use?
 Thanks
The least computer talented guy on the internet
Stan the man Symank]
Newberg or>>