[oletrucks] Good Luck With Jim Carter

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@onelist.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Good Luck With Jim Carter
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:48:14 EDT
    After a series of bad experiences with Golden State (don't get me
started!) that we worked over on this list more than a few times, I was in
the market for some good vendors. I had placed a trouble free order with Jim
Carter a year ago, and decided to try them again, especially as one of our
listees is Kelly, who works at Jim Carter and contributes to this list.
    I had emailed Kelly <truckexprt@aol.com> some clarifying questions and
received reasonable replies, so shortly afterward, I placed my order by
email. I received a quick acknowledgment and a few days later a box from Jim
Carter arrived. Everything that was supposed to be there was, well packed and
in good condition. Unlike so many other vendors we have experience with,
there were no back ordered items. Kelly had applied the oletrucks discount
and the paperwork was all correct.
    Two items are worthy of further comment. The first is a used oil pressure
gauge calibrated 0-60 lbs to work with the full pressure 235 when installed
in a Chevy AD truck. The face has been redone to match the rest of the Chevy
gauges. This is very nice, and I can't wait to install it.
    The second item is the new catalog for the AD trucks. They have combined
the price list with the catalog and made a great number of other improvements
to what was already one of the most useful catalogs in the business. If you
haven't seen it, Jim has made his catalog part reference book. This book is
the best single source for restoration information that I know of. Heck, I
read it before bed a lot of times!

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://www.aeromark.net