Re: [oletrucks] Good Luck With Jim Carter

To: Hudson29@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Good Luck With Jim Carter
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 19:51:13 -0400
   Over a few years I've spent a bit of money at Jim Carters. I've meet him at
the local swap in Ct. and he has been helpful and seems genuinely interested in
serving his customers. He supplies many parts to the other vendors so often when
you buy something from a competitor it is from him.
   His company is the one I bought a water pump for for my '54 235. At about 5K
miles the cast pulley broke and I though they might be interested in hearing
about it even if they couldn't refund me any money. It was over two years old
but
had only been in use about two months. This situation is often the case in a
resto that takes two years or more to complete. The employee I was referred to
said they would check but never returned my call. When I called back they said
"how do we know you only used it two months" . They also didn't seem to remember
what the problem with the pump was only that they weren't going to do anything
help. I would have been happy with a partial refund in the way of a discount on
my next order or at the very least a more diplomatic attitude and the appearance
that they cared about the longevity of the parts they are selling. Instead I was
told she would be hanging up because I was starting to annoy her.
   I bought my replacement pump from a LAPS and it is guaranteed for life. There
are enough vendors out there that I look for ones that know how to treat
customers. The ones that act like they already have more business than they can
handle I cross off my list.

Grant 50 3100