Re: [oletrucks] Good Luck With Jim Carter

To: Hudson29@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@onelist.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Good Luck With Jim Carter
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:38:41 PDT
It sounds like Jim Carter is the place to do business with.  I wish that I
had known about Jim Carter before I ordered from Classic Auto Parts in
Oklahoma City.  I would strongly discourage anyone from ordering from
Classic Auto Parts.

I have ordered from CLAP two times.  Sure you can order on a 800 number but
you must call commercial if there is anything wrong with your order.  I had
ordered two tail lamp lens gaskets and only received one ($.95 each).  Phone
call to fix = $2.61.  Another phone call 14 days later to find out what
happened to the 'fix' = $2.61.  Another 14 days to find out the answer to
original question after I was put on hold = $4.35.  Maybe I should have gone
ahead and ordered two whole assemblies and saved some coin.

With another order I received a sun visor that was the wrong color with the
second visor on back order along with other stuff.  Another call ($4.35) for
a return authorization.  They said that the number would come in the mail.
That was Feb 1999 and I am still waiting.  I finally got a computer and sent
an e-mail -- no response.  Oh yes, they did send me a letter informing me
that my back order was in but I needed to send them another $35.00 before
they would ship (I had placed the order by phone from a catalog they had
sent me one week before)!  Then they sent me a sale catalog that had many of
my ordered items cheaper than the original catalog order.  I think that they
should have refunded about $10.00 from that order.  Oh well!

As Hudson29 says, "Don't get me started!"  Just be forewarned.  I will never
order anything from CLAP again.  Even when I have to pass by the store on
the way to beautiful Norman OK, I won't even stop.  I may even detour 50
miles to keep from going by the store.

Nuff Said.  I'm off the soap box now.

Durwood
51 5 window 1/2 ton