Re: Re[2]: [oletrucks] Frame/Suspension Question

To: Bob_Keeland@usgs.gov
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [oletrucks] Frame/Suspension Question
From: SBOHNAK@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 18:40:46 EDT
At first I wanted to keep my truck stock, however, the original 288 Pontiac
V8 wasn't quite up to par.  I wanted something a little more powerful and
dependable anc cheaper to work on.  So I found a 350 four bolt and 400 trans.
 Once I got started with that I met a guy in Turlock, Kenny's Rod & Truck,
who does a lot of retrofitting trucks.  I saw what he did with a 56 Chevy and
I fell in love.  My 3/4 is a long bed and I want a short bed.  Therefore,
instead of changing over the 8 lug rims and rear end, I found a 1/2 ton GMC
frame and body for $300.00.  I can do all of the work then transfer over the
body and front fenders and buy a new short bed.

That may not be the smartes thing to do, but I'm having so much fun working
on this project.  If you know of anyone interested, I have the longbed 3/4
ton frame and running gear along with the 288 V8 and original 4 speed trany.

Thanks for the interest.

Steve B  55 GMC 2nd