Re: [oletrucks] Paint and Pate?

To: jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint and Pate?
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 06:32:45 EDT
Jeff,
Plan on 2 qt for etching primer.  It goes on very thin, and don't expect it
to have any hiding power.  PPG says to recoat it within 24 hours or you have
to sand and respray another coat.  This is because it cures too hard to bond
with the next layer in a day.  Plan on a gal. of ready to spray black epoxy.
Go around 3 times. don't skimp here.  If you use DP90LF you will have to thin
it about 20% so get the apropriate reducer.  Get "P" Sheets from paint store
which is the PPG tech sheet, or equivalent for other brands.
Bob ADler

<<
 I am going to paint the frame first with etching primer, followed by black
 epoxy primer (based on Bob Adler's recommendation.) As a novice painter
 using a standard paint gun (not HVLP) how much of each type of paint should
 I plan on needing? Since this is my first auto painting experience, I will
 probably waste a lot in overspray, etc. Second, if I get the etching primer
 on over the bare metal and the frame is inside, can I go a week or two
 before painting the epoxy primer >>