Re: [oletrucks] RE: Frame/Suspension Question

To: Bob Keeland <Bob_Keeland@usgs.gov>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: Frame/Suspension Question
From: David G Shier <dshier@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 18:26:09 -0600
We have a 48 3/4 ton that we put a mustang front in and so far OK but not much
time
on the conversion.  We have the stock rear springs because this is a workhorse
although has a 292 and turbo 350 and F*** 9"  3.25 rear end.  We accidently
found a
driveshaft in a pile at the salvage yard the right length and right splines but
do
not know what it was for.  It was pure luck on our part.  We do not have enough
miles yet to know if the front end will stay together but we built it tough and
left
the frame unbutchered so we could change if it turns out bad.  We have power
steering also.

We will report to the group what finally happens and wish you the best on your
truck.

Sincerely,
Dave Shier
www.mtntown.com