[oletrucks] Manual engine crank?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Manual engine crank?
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 22:54:17 EDT
Hi,

What is that clutch-like, fork-looking thing that's in the middle of the
crank pulley on the old IL6's for anyway? Friends have told me that it's used
to start the engine with a hand crank if the battery's dead, but I don't see
how you could fit any sort of crank in there without pulling the radiator.
I've looked closely at both my 50 and my 53 GMC, they both have the fork
thing-What's the story here? Also, could someone please tell me what you call
this thing so I don't go around calling it "That clutch-like, fork-looking
thing." Thanks.

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons