Re: [oletrucks] Manual engine crank?

To: <CLLLSLS@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Manual engine crank?
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 23:32:13 -0500
Yes, it is for a manual crank.  I don't know about GMC, but look at the
bottom of the Chevy radiator & you will see a hump up in the middle to clear
the crank handle & also a small depression in the grill backing bar just
above the lowest bar.  If I look straight on through the grill, I can see
"that clutch-like, fork-looking thing."  Jim Carter has the cranks listed in
his latest catalog; item number MEE506.  Maybe GMCs just continued using the
same harmonic balancers as Chevy's & you are right about not being able to
get a crank through the front of the truck body.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX