Re: [oletrucks] starter

To: livnrt@uswest.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] starter
From: ldfinley@juno.com
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 00:55:39 -0500
Hi Dustin,

I was told by the man who owns Ace Alternator in Del City, Oklahoma, who
overhauled my starter, that my 6 volt starter will work with either a 6
volt or 12 volt battery. He said there would be no need to do anything to
the starter if I converted to the 12 volt system.
In fact, he told me that whenever a customer requests a heavy duty 12
volt starter, they actually put 6 volt brushes in it to make it so.  I
don't know if that answers your question exactly, but this is what I was
told, and Ace Alternator is probably the best place in town here, to get
alternators, generators, or starters worked on.  They really seem to know
their stuff.

Sincerely,

Larry
OKC, OK