Re: [oletrucks] Deluxe Horn Option

To: "Grant Galbraith" <trks@javanet.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Deluxe Horn Option
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 16:57:07 -0500
1. The relay on my truck was mounted on the drivers inner fender, but could
have been moved from anywhere else (like the firewall), although, the idea
of the relay is to protect the horn button & wires from high amp draw & give
as short a current path as possible from the source (the battery) to the
horn; so mounting it closest to the horn makes the most sense.

2. Wire them in parallel.  Series would drop them to get only 3 volts each,
assuming a six volt source.  If you are using a 12 volt source now, you
could wire them in series & they would draw only 6 volts each.  The caution
with this method is, like the old Xmas light strings, one horn goes &
neither will work (open circuit).

3. Don't know the details on the terminal blocks.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX