[oletrucks] Paint shelf life

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Paint shelf life
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 06:41:48 EDT
I spoke to PPG tech services yesterday.  For DP 401-402 epoxy activator, use
within 1 year of opening.  for DU5 isocyanate catylist for urethanes use
within 2 weeks.  I asked if humidity or temperature variations could extend
the 2 week limit and the tech said no, which I believe is not accurate.  I
asked for the mechanism of deterioration and she did not come up with an
answer, except to say the iso starts to get deactivated.  She also said
putting activator in the refrigerator was not good as condensation would
deactivate it.  I don't buy that because whatever moisture gets in when cap
is off would react slower in cool temp.  I think i spoke to a trainee.
Bob ADler