Re: [oletrucks] Mustang II front suspension

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Mustang II front suspension
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:08:57 -0700
Bob Keeland wrote:

>         David and Alan,
>
>                 Since each of you have installed a mustang II front
>suspension I
>         have a question about ride height.  Specifically, how much did the IFS
>         lower the front of your trucks, and who did you get the kit from?
>
>                 In considering a mustang II IFS I am concerned about
>ruggedness,
>         ride, and clearance.  Dave Riffel said that his mustang II IFS dropped
>         his front by 6 inches (as opposed to the 2 inches it was supposed to).
>         I don't want to lose that much clearance.  We don't have a lot of
>rough
>         and tumble mountains down here in Louisiana, but we do seem to have
>our
>         fair share of mud.  Having the frontend 'down in the dirt' is not
>         necessarily a good thing.
>
>         BobK

Bob,

The MII front end I used dropped the front end over 6 inches. I have
approx. 7 inches clearance under the front bumper. The kit I used was
made in Canada by Hercules Machine in Winnipeg. As far as ride quality,
I couldn't be happier! It rides like a car, not a truck. Hope this helps
a bit!

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles