Re: [oletrucks] miq's exhaust

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] miq's exhaust
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:14:05 -0700
The Swinging Aligator In The Swamp wrote:
> Miq, I checked out your trucks.  Looks pretty good.  I had a question about
>the
> exhaust exiting in front of the rear wheels.  Did you notice any increase in
> sound level using this method vs. straight out the back.  I'm toying with the
> same configuration on my 53 with 350 small block.  I'd like to get the exhaust
> laid out while everything is still stripped down the the bare frame.
>
> Wally

Wally,

My exhaust exits in front of the tires as well. I used some cheap Turbo
mufflers on it, and the volume isn't that bad. It has a really nice
sound when you get on the gas. The only noise concern inside the cab is
when you're accelerating. Once you hit cruising speed the noise levels
out and isn't really noticeable, even at freeway speeds.

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles