Re: [oletrucks] 216 or 235...sti?

To: "chico woodhill" <chico.woodhill@zensearch.net>, <trks@javanet.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 or 235...sti?
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:16:51 -0500
I don't know about the 235's that had dippers, but the 216's (especially
those that still have poured "babbit" rod bearings) are lower RPM engines
than the "insert type" rod bearing models, which are lower than the "full
pressure" 235's.

If you go with this engine &, almost assuredly rebuild it, there is an ad in
"This Old Truck" magazine for a shop that will convert a dipper motor to
full flow (& presmably the poured type rods to insert type-something that GM
offered years ago, but I think is no longer offered).  The company & phone
is:

Beck's Machine & Tool  805-925-7411, Fax 805-925-0529

I've also seen an ad somewhere (can't find now) for a shop that just
converts the rods alone.  I'll post the contact info if I see it again soon.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX