Re: [oletrucks] VIN on Registration??

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] VIN on Registration??
From: AKAMF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:34:53 EDT
In a message dated 10/27/99 5:02:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jelerath@us.ibm.com writes:

<<  have a VIN plate in the door of my truck that has been painted heavily.
 I started to clean the paint off and the VIN data started to come off as
 well.

 1) Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to clean off the paint without
 cleaning off the info printed on the plate? >>

When I first got my 55 truck I used some paint remover over the ID plate and
it took all the old stuff off without doing anything to the original finish.
I screwed it up when I wiped it off with acetone. So I guess there are paint
removers that don't bother the original blue color.  I don't know what I was
using, but it would have been just something from Home Depot. Just don't use
acetone...

Brian (akamf@aol.com)
55/2nd 3600
57 GMC 1/2 ton