Re: [oletrucks] TH 350 crossmember

To: ROGER GLEASON <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TH 350 crossmember
From: The Swinging Alligator In The Swamp <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:24:49 -0400

> Wally
> You don't want everything to be in the same plane ... they should be
> offset by about 3" so that the universal joints move while rotating
> to keep from wearing out in one spot. By your description you have it
> right.

Thanks Roger.  The sketch that came with my rear leaf spring installation kit
showed them parallel but in different planes, but it sure looked funny.  But it
makes sense the way you describe it.  I guess panic was just setting in.  I
could see myself getting things completed and finding out I made some terrible
error in construction.  Not to say that still won't happen however!!

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100