Re: [oletrucks] carburator adjust

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] carburator adjust
From: Seymour Bunz <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 01:47:05 -0400

> What is the correct way to go about adjusting a carburator with a vacuum
> gauge? I have an Edelbrock and it has two adjusting screw located on the
> front side of the carb, used to screw in till it stumbles then back off 1/4
> turn or so. Anyone does this with a vacuum gauge before?

Wayne, don't forget these 2 screws are only for adjustment at idle.  You want to
make sure you got the rpm's down around 700 or so.  If you need to make mixture
adjustments on the Edelbrocks above idle, it has to be done with the metering
rods.  They sell kits to change the rods and jet sizes.  Try visiting their
website which I believe is at Edelbrock.com.  They've got some online stuff
about the carbs and how to adjust them.  Like Jack says, I've done all my tuning
on my 600 CFM on my Chevelle by ear.  You can use a vacuum gauge, but the
numbers may be relative to your situation due to differences in cam specs,
especially the overlap and duration of the exhaust valves.

Wally / Templeton, MA