[oletrucks] dash wiring for 53 3100

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] dash wiring for 53 3100
From: Dick Byrne <lindalnhvt@sugar-river.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 18:35:42 -0500
Hi everyone,
I'm a novice at mechanics and truck restoration, but I've been working on a
53 5 window 3100 for almost two years and it's just about ready for the
road.  The wiring has me stumped.  I bought a new harness and have much of
it connected, but the connections of the red 10 gauge wires between
ignition switch, ammeter, and foot starter switch have me baffled.  I can
run the truck with wires connected to ignition, starter, voltage regulator,
etc.  As soon as I connect these to the ammeter as I see in my book, I get
a short.  I already fried one set of wires and needed to replace them.  Can
anyone help out.  I'm eager to get the wiring finished so I can drive this
great truck for a few days before the snow flies here in NH. Thanks in
advance.
Dick Byrne
Contemporary Homes
Box 129