Re: [oletrucks] Clutch size?

To: antonio@innercite.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Clutch size?
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 07:06:19 EST
Antonio,
I think you have the original1953 flywheel on your 1957 engine.  If the
engine came out of a car it was probably an automatic.  If flywheel has 9
bolt holes you should get the larger clutch.  If only 6 mounting bolts to
clutch cover (I think not) it is the smaller clutch.  there is a date code on
flywheel, and remember your ring gear is specific to 6 or 12 volt starter,
but 6 v starter works fine on 12 v.  the 9 bolt clutch cover was last used in
1953.
Bob ADler

<<
 Working on installing a new clutch in my engine. The engine in question
 is a '57 235 engine out of a car. I removed the clutch disk and noticed
 that the clutch disk is only 9 1/4" diameter, however the pressure plate
 is 10 1/8" diameter. What is the correct clutch size for this engine 9
 1/4" or 10". I had another engine and the clutch disk was 10" diameter
 this is why I wonder is 10" is better for this engine? The engine is
 going to be installed on my '53 1/2 ton truck, >>