[oletrucks] RE: Front spring sag

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Front spring sag
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:39:46 EST
Mike,

I helped a friend of mine when it came time to re-arc the rear springs in his
'82 D*tsun. I took the springs off for him, then he brought them to a place
here in portland, OR that rebuilds them. I don't remember the name of the
place, but they cleaned. arced, phosphated coated, lubricated and reassembled
the springs for $80 for both sides. I also rebuilt the rear springs on my '65
rustang. They sagged a little bit, but not much, but for the mustang springs
I decided to clean them up first to see if there were any problems with the
springs that would warrant replacing. To clean them I put the leafs in a
machine called a wheelabrador that I have at work. The machine shoots
millions of tiny hardened steel balls at the part to clean and mildlyy
shot-peen it. The leafs came out with no flaws, but the thing I didn't expect
was that the leafs came out of the wheelabrador re-arced. I just reassembled
the leafs with new pads, clips and bushings and they work great! Hope this
helps.

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons