Re: [oletrucks] RE: Front spring sag

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: Front spring sag
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:41:55 -0800
Hi everyone:

On the subject of springs, here's a couple of other sources.  Note that I
have no personal experience with this stuff.  It comes out of my research
file for my own upcoming suspension work.

Eaton Detroit Spring
1555 Michigan Ave
Detroit, MI 48216
(313) 963-3839
www.eatonsprings.com

This company has apparently been around a while and has an extensive
"library" of spring patterns.  They can duplicate the stock spring, or give
you a softer, lower ride using different alloys of steel.  I read an article
featuring their product in the December 1999 issue of Classic Trucks
magazine.

I believe Eaton makes both front and rear springs.

Posies
219 Duke St.
Hummelstown, PA 17036
(717) 566-3340

Posies is well known for their single spring front ends for Fords.  They
have teflon buttons in the leaf ends to promote smooth sliding.  They make
rear springs for Advance Design and Task Force trucks.

No Limit Engineering
1737 Production Circle
Riverside, CA 92509
909-275-9004
www.nolimit.net

No Limit makes a bolt-in lowered rear leaf kit.   These rear leaf springs
are 2.5 inches wide, about an inch wider than stock.  They're supposed to be
smoother for that reason.  They lower 3 to 4 in.  There's a bit more
involved than just the spring, but it's a bolt-in and you'd probably
disassemble most of the old mountings anyway if you were replacing with
stock springs.  There's a good "how to: article in the October, 1999 issue
of Classic Trucks.

There are several companies making 2.5 in. rear spring kits for AD and TF
trucks.  I have heard a report about one such kit having poor tolerances
resulting in loosely fitting suspension parts and a bad customer service
experience.  Check the parts when they arrive, and if they're not right,
send them back immediately.

Hope this is helpful / interesting.

Regards,

Grant S.  gls@4link.net