[oletrucks] I'm rollin' now

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] I'm rollin' now
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 20:14:41 -0800
A year ago when I got my truck and found this list, I didn't know half what
I know now.  I have really gained a lot.  Thank you all for your expertise.

Today I put a 4.10 rear end in my '50 3600, and what a difference!  With the
big 16" tires and now the rear end, my speed is almost 40% over what is
shown on the speedometer.  What a difference the rear end makes.  I don't
really want to drive 70 on the freeway, since everything is basically stock,
and I'd hate to have to slam on the brakes at that speed, but I can now
cruise at 55 in the right lane, and hear myself think.  I recommend this
conversion to anyone who wants to keep the stock lug bolt pattern, but not
the old low speed gear ratio.

Now . . . Does anyone know how I might calibrate my speedometer?

Thanks-

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine) & 56 3600 (hers)