Re: [oletrucks] New member intro,

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New member intro,
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 20:24:41 -0800
Norm wrote:

> Hello all.....My name is Norm. (new to the list)
> I am basically an avid "gearhead" and have many automotive intrests! Among
> them, is a recent chance at aquiring a 47-54 Chevy truck....So since I
> belong ta two other e-mail lists, and have had such great luck with the info
> and people these lists have to offer, it seemed like a good plan to join
> this list!
>
> My question I have been wanting to ask is this....My landlord owns 21
> differant 47-54 Chevy trucks, amoung them are the half ton stuff, as well as
> a few much bigger ones....one being a wrecker,a milk delivery truck, along
> with about 10-12 Delux cab trucks! I have a chance to buy any one that I
> want.....along with what, if any parts I need to make it a complete
> truck....My question to those of you that know....which models are the
> rarest...or maybe the best choice for a restoration?....years, options,
> etc....what should I look for?
> Thanks in advance
> Norm
>
> dahorse@jvlnet.com

Welcome aboard, Norm!
Sounds like you have a great landlord. Wish we could all be so lucky.
As to your choice of trucks, the best advice I could give is buy
something thay YOU like, regardless of rarity, etc. You'll be the one
restoring and driving it, so you're better off having something that you
like. Same thing goes for colour choices, type of restoration, ie rod or
restore, etc.
The great thing about this list is the variety of opinions, and the fact
that the restorers and rodders get along so well. I hope you can find
all the help you need.

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles