Re: [oletrucks] Custom Autosound in AD

To: Advdesign1@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Custom Autosound in AD
From: Ben Bennett <greyhawk2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 18:56:39 -0800
>>What's the experience with Custom Autosound radios in AD trucks?  Do they
>really fit?  What are they like >>after 5 years of use?

I put one in my 55. They sorta fit, the bottom row of buttons ae
left off to make them fit. You don't have any station preset and
the only way to set the clock is to disconnect reconnect the
battery at 12:00. I think the sound is sorta crappie, I have 2 4"
front overhead, and I tried 2 8" behind the seat. Maybe an
amplifier? All in all, I don't think I'd get another one. Oh yea,
The knobs are crappie too, When I try to adjust the speakers, it
changes stations, tone/volume too. I can't say after 5 years, if
this one stays out of the trash for 5 years it'll be doing good.
Ben