Re: [oletrucks] Custom Autosound in AD

To: <Advdesign1@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Custom Autosound in AD
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 20:47:44 -0500
Bob,

    I've had one of the CA units in my truck for about 4 years. I have mixed
emotions about it. On the the plus side, it fits perfectly, sounds ok and
has been very reliable, considering the location is so vulnerable to cowl
vent and windshield leaks (I've had both).

    But, it has very poor cosmetics that don't fit well in the AD interior.
The plastic chrome face and knobs are just cheap, and cheap looking. The
digital display is impossible to read from the driver's position. I broke a
knob (it just fell apart actually) and when I called Custom Autosound they
said "Sorry we don't sell parts". I finally talked a dealer out of a couple
of spares.

    As soon as I can locate a good original AD radio core for something less
than my next mortgage payment, I plan to restore it cosmetically and have
Gary Tayman http://www.gate.net/~gtayman/ install one of his FM stereo
conversions. Once that is done I'll sell the CA unit for whatever I can get
for it. Anybody got an extra AD radio laying around?

Jack / Winter Park FL