[oletrucks] 55 GMC bed

To: owner-0@autox.team.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 55 GMC bed
From: Patrick and Karla Noll <pknoll@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 13:15:20 -0600
My 55 GMC long step (89 in) had all of the original bed wood, strips etc.
removed before I bought it.  I have acquired all of the parts and am currently
restoring the bed (completely disassembled) and need all dimensions to get it
back together.  Below is a list of the dimensions I need.  I could probable
figure
this jigsaw puzzle out but having the dimensions would save much time.

Height Angle strips are welded to bed.
Front/rear of angle strips (one hole is approx 3/8 " from edge (front?) one is
approx 2 1/4" from edge (rear?))
Front /rear of Bed Strips (one hole approx 3/8" from edge (front?) one hole
3/8"  then another hole 2 1/4" from edge (rear?)).
Location of the 4 bed cross sills (which bolt hole # from front of angle strips
or bed strips)
Location of the bed to frame mounting holes

Thanks
Patrick
pknoll@earthlink.net
55 GMC 1/2 ton