Re: [oletrucks] an introduction

To: "Dan Wilkin" <msfandan@home.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] an introduction
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 14:26:15 -0500
Dan, you are definitely on the right list.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. The commercial bodied GMCs have much in
common with their  pickup cousins. The engine is probably a 228 (check the
first 3 digits of the engine serial number - on a raised pad just behind the
distributor). Might also be a 248 or 270. All full pressure workhorse
motors, easy to work on and most parts can be found thru NAPA.

Converting to 12 volt is a good idea if you plan to use a modern radio or
other accessory but 6 volt will work OK if the system is in good shape.

If you can scan a photo of this beast, a list member wcosborne@inetnow.net
will add it to his web site at www.Chevytrucks.org. I'd be real interested
in seeing it.

Jack / Winter Park FL