[oletrucks] Hit by a truck...part 2

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Hit by a truck...part 2
From: Johngage@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 22:24:58 -0500 (EST)
We'll...the damage from my recent "Truck Jacking"...ie: being hit by my
truck...has pretty much healed.  I do still have a funny feeling in my nose.

I'm just about ready to jump back on the project...I'm behind, the next door
neighbor will be driving his second truck in our town X-Mas parade in the
morning....while mine sits waiting completion....New motovation I guess.

Here's a question for all the old timers out there.

I haven't been able ta get this thing running smoothly...timing wise.
Soooo, I did the ole measure the chain slack before taking everything apart
trick....found that it's got about 15 degrees of slop....soooo I tear it all
apart.  The gears look brand new....sooo I guess the chain is
streached....it will move freely between my fingers about a 1/2 inch to
either side...what is the norm?

The reason I ask is...I've never had just a streached chain...the only other
time I really had chain and gear problems...it was one of those old aluminum
gears with the nylon coating that totally blew apart.

I'm gonna replace it anyway while it's apart...just wondering if this is
really my problem.

Any of you guys in or near Oklahoma?  As I said, I'm really ready ta get
rolling on my truck...the neighbor is ready ta do the body work....I just
need a pass. side door, hinges, and hinge pockets....anybody within a couple
hours got em?

Thanks, John Schulz
59 3100