Re: [oletrucks] gear grinding

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, bkn6@airmail.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] gear grinding
From: KBToedirt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 01:53:17 EST
Brad,
    I have had the same problem with my 56 3100.  Has 3 speed transmission
with overdrive.  One of my problems was in the linkage.  I needed to replace
the rubber grommets at the top of the linkage near the gearbox.  I think that
was the minor problem on mine.  Now here is what I found to be the big
problem.  It was at the transmission.  The shifter forks on mine was worn way
down.  These are located on the inside of the transmission and are connected
to the side cover.  Pull the side cover off and look at the shifter forks.
If you have anymore questions, let me know and I will try and help.  Check it
out and let me know.

KENT
56 3100