[oletrucks] Voltage reducer

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Voltage reducer
From: Samsred72@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:38:40 EST
I have a question pertaining to reducing the voltage to the heater motor. I
have a reducer in the line now that looks like a long cylindrical and hollow
ceramic tube. It states on it... Clarostat VP-50-K 1ohm. If this is the proper
reducer it seems to be working improperly. As the fan is drawing current this
reducer gets hot enough to burn you quickly. I don't think it is heavy enough
to carry the amps required by the motor. If so, can anyone tell me the amp draw
of the "fresh air heater" motor so that I can get the proper reducer without
taking off the cover... it's cold out side ya know?

Sam
'49 3100 Chevy