Re: [oletrucks] Truck Near Misses

To: tburt@hirose.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Truck Near Misses
From: "Brian m" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:54:29 PST
(i dont think my first post got posted, so sorry if this is repeat)
hey,
not long after i got my truck, when i was 16, i was driving along the
freeway in the inside lane, at about 65. i had about 5 car lenghts between
my dad (the my moms car which we just picked up from the shop) and me. all
of a sudden everyone slams on the brakes. of course i did too and all 4
tires locked up and the truck fishtailed a but and at one point was across
both lanes. i did manage to get it sraight but i was still moveing forward,
so i was about to go off onto the shoulder to miss my dad when traffic moved
again and my dad moved the car up and i didnt hit him, or anyhting else. i
drove behind my dad at 55 in the outside lane, not one person passed me, nor
did they get too close from behind, it was quite an experience for a 16 year
old, but i did learn how to keep the truck straight when the tires lock up.
Brian
Jess; '57 chevy 3200 (soon to be EFI)