Re: [oletrucks] Voltage reducer-->measuring current

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Voltage reducer-->measuring current
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:14:21 EST

<<or measure the amps. Someone mentioned clamp on ammeter, I thought these
only worked with AC. If there are some that work with DC, let me know. I
would like to get one.>>

Correct, clamp-ons only work with AC.  The general approach with DC is to
measure voltage drop across a precisely measured/known very low resistance in
series with the circuit to be measured.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville, TN