Re: Re: [oletrucks] Voltage reducer-->measuring current

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: [oletrucks] Voltage reducer-->measuring current
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:17:01 -0600
As a former avionics tech in the USAF, I dont bother with trying to figure
it out.. I just order the voltage reducers in Jim Carters catalog when I
need one. I assume he knows what I need. Its handy to have the background to
figure it out, but why when you can just ask right here?

Brings me to the reason I sent this message... I have a voltage reducer for
the points and one for the heater motor and gas gauge.. but I am wondering
about the 6 volt original horn that comes on the 50 3100's. If you just pump
12 volts thru it, it sounds like crap. Could someone kindly just come out
and tell me what I need to reduce the horn voltage from 12 to 6 so it sounds
right?

Its funny.. in following the voltage reducer thread, lots of very good info
has come to light.. I love Bills home page on the subject.. but for most
readers I imagine learning electrical theory isnt why the bought the ole
truck.. I imagine they.. like me ask questions here to get the actual
answer. By giving the specs of the heater motor to us, we can probably
ascertain the correct resistor and eliminate the huge debate. I know what I
appreciate the most about this list besides the really cool people we have
here is the actual answer to the question asked. It saves me lots time not
having to re-invent the wheel by utilizing the expertise of those who have
been there. Thanks everyone! :)