Re: Re: [oletrucks] Voltage reducer-->measuring current

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: [oletrucks] Voltage reducer-->measuring current
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 18:51:24 EST

<<Mark
I've been using a DC clamp on at work since 1993, I've used it in DC rectified
(power supply) as well as pure DC (battery driven) circuits with good
accuracy as
compared to the shunt method you are mentioning. The clamp is a Tektronix
Model
A622. We also have a HP DC ammeter that uses a clamp on probe that has been
around since at least the early 70's. It uses tubes so it's pretty old.

Live and learn. . .thanks for the info; I'll have to check into how they're
doing that
-->hall effect sensor maybe?  Induced DC coil voltage would only be a
transient.

I have a new Tektronix handheld scope and a new Fluke multimeter and they
both do series current measurement. . .haven't checked either for an
available probe for DC current. . .looks like I should.

Not sure how I missed this one, since this is my field, but I did.

Thanks,

Mark Noakes