Re: [oletrucks] GMC stock 302 block

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] GMC stock 302 block
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:42:00 -0500
Grant,

   The displacement is pretty easy, it's the first 3 digits of the engine
number, found on the distributor mounting pad. Casting numbers can be found
at the "Casting Numbers" page at http://www.inlners.org . The military
applications had 24 volt electrical systems, air compressors  etc,
attached, so there are some additional accessory mount bosses cast into the
block. These are ideal for attaching A/C and power steering pump bracketry.
I think all military blocks used electric fuel pumps, because the block is
not machined for a mechanical fuel pump. All internals are the same as
civilian blocks, though.

Jack / Winter Park FL