Re: [oletrucks] To heat the intake or not to heat the intake

To: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>, <MPHUDAK@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] To heat the intake or not to heat the intake
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 04:14:38 -0800
I forgot to mention that the fentons have two tapped holes to use for heat
risers into the intake.  Because of the warm weather out here, I put pipe
plugs in these.

Instead of the foil tube heat risers I talked about before, you could route
these or one of them, into the galleries in the offy.  You'd want to be
careful, because if the exhaust exits through the large open space where the
original exhaust manifold would have attached, you would have a noticeable
exhaust tick and fumes in the engine compartment.

You'd probably need to make a plate to seal the bottom of the offy.  You
could tap the plate or (better) weld fittings to it to connect the fentons.
This would both seal the galleries (use a standard gasket between plate and
manifold) and save you from drilling into the soft (and expensive) offy
manifold.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net