Re: [oletrucks] heater motor question

To: "tim" <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>, "Ole Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] heater motor question
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 10:34:52 -0800
>I'm checking into my options for fixing the heater ...
>I see that Chevy Duty has a 12V motor that "may require slight
>modifications" for $45 - has anyone used this in an AD truck?  Please let
>me know.

Hi Tim,

I put in one of these 12 v motors in my recirculating heater.  Don't know of
these same changes would have to me made in the fresh air model.

I had to do two things to make it fit.  First, I had to shorten the shaft on
the motor to keep it from hitting the core.  I pushed the fan as close to
the bottom of the shaft as it would go.

Second, I bent the fan mounting a little bit to get it to fit into the front
of the heater housing.  It wasn't a big deal, but I recall I went through
several fittings until I got it right.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net