Re: [oletrucks] Stock vs. modified

To: <MarkNoakes@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stock vs. modified
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 21:21:39 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: <MarkNoakes@aol.com>
To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 1999 8:13 AM

> I've noticed that many vendors have the misc parts that you'll need to set
> one up--relays, wiring harnesses, documentation, etc; however, the
> transmission itself seems to be a problem.  I only paid $175 for mine at
> Carlisle, and it seems to be in good shape, but I've since seen them
> advertised in Hemmings for $600. . .way too much.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Mark Noakes
> 58/56 Suburban
> Knoxville, TN

I am currently assembling the parts necessary to retrofit an OD tranny to my
truck.  I have a copy of the documentation that a couple of other list
members have gleaned from a TF manual, but it doesn't show the kickdown
switch that mounts on the carb linkage or the "physical" wiring to the
solenoid & switch on the tranny (it shows a schematic, but not any
indication of which terminals are which on the components).  Do the vendors
docs show this?

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com