Re: [oletrucks] Stock vs. modified

To: Charles Culver <sculver@iwl.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stock vs. modified
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 02:09:07 -0500
   I personally appreciate all kinds of trucks and feel that people should be
able to  make their own rides the way they want without being told what others
think they shouldn't do. I think there are enough around to satisfy everyone.
The people I don't understand are those who irreversibly modify a truck and then
immediately sell it, sometimes before they are even done.
   On the discussion on daily drivers I use my '50 with a 235 as a daily driver
and have put 12 K on it since I finished my resto in June. I feel there is
nothing wrong with a 6 or a straight axle. I do however like the benefits of
better gears and use an OD tranny. I can run 70 @ 2200 RPM and the six has
plenty of zip for me. I just prefer keeping my ride closer to an old truck than
a hot rod. I don't think this limits my enjoyment or amount of driving. What
does limit my driving is road salt here in the N.E. We got an immeasurable
dusting of snow a couple nights ago and they put more salt on the road they we
got snow. Guess I'll reluctantly put it away for the winter.

Grant