Re: [oletrucks] glove box

To: Jay Duncanson <jay@duncanson.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] glove box
From: "Joe Clark" <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 08:23:23 -0500
Actually, I've got a picture of an original 49 dash in great condition
and it has 2 colors of paint on it.  The ribs are painted one color
(dash color I think) and the recesses are painted another (a sort of
light brown).  The stainless strips above and below are not painted
and the lettering is black.  I could maybe scan this picture if
anyone is interested.
Joe

On 30 Dec 99, at 19:21, Jay Duncanson wrote:

> Can anybody confirm Brad's description of the dash paint scheme?
>
> Does anybody know of a decent dashboard picture on the web?
>
> (Wish I had access to restored machine to look at!)
>
> This would be for a '49 3100.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jay
>

> On 12/30/99, Brad Newman wrote:
> >
> >The way that I understand it, the speaker cover part of the dash
> >(including the ashtray) is painted the dash color (no steel showing),
> >with the two stainless strips above and below. The glove box is painted
> >as you say; on the high ridges the stainless shows through.
> Jay Duncanson                              jay@duncanson.com

Joe Clark
'50 3100 Deluxe
Knoxville, Tennessee