Re: [oletrucks] Big Blocks 454 - 502

To: peter@petervolwerk.demon.nl, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Big Blocks 454 - 502
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:01:56 EST
In a message dated 1/12/00 7:38:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
peter@petervolwerk.demon.nl writes:

> Hi to all,
>
>  Some one offers me a 502 Cui engine out off a firetruck and now I would
like
>  to know if there are parts of the 502 that will fit my 454 engine.
>  Do any of you know if the heads from the 502 will fit the 454, I use LPG as
>  fuel for the 454 and from this fuel the valves don't last long, I have to
>  rebuild the heads allmost every year, so it will be nice to have spare
>  heads.
>
>  Greetings,
>  Peter Volwerk.

  Hmmn, the 502 from the firetruck may be a tall deck block, but everything
inside and on top except for piston and intake mainifold, should work for you.

  When you have the heads rebuilt, are there special valve seats and valves
that could be used?  Like hardened seats and stainless valves maybe?

  Mike