RE: [oletrucks] GMC over-load springs? (short)

To: "'VIKINGHILL@aol.com'" <VIKINGHILL@aol.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] GMC over-load springs? (short)
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:17:30 -0600
Casey,
Can't comment on GMC, but the rear auxillary springs were RPOs (regular
production options) on 1 ton and above Chevy ADs (at least as early as 52).
The factory installed options had "stops?" above the ends of the shorter
auxillary springs riveted to the frame. Auxillary springs must have been
dealer or aftermarket options, since my 3/4 ton has these auxillary springs
but the "stops" are bolted to the frame, not riveted.

Jeff Nelson
1953 3600
Paducah, KY