Re: [oletrucks] GMC over-load springs? (short)

To: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] GMC over-load springs? (short)
From: BCR69S@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:33:07 EST
I have a set of those on my 46 . I have been told that they were aftermarket.
An interesting side story a local service station owner told me is that in
the 50's guys used to take boxcar springs from our local RRoad shops ,put
them inside sleeves of well casing that was welded to the axle and frame (two
pieces) and make overload springs . Those old boys could really haul coal
with that setup.